Wednesday 14 October 2015

GOALS FOR THIS AUTUMN



Happy Wednesday friends... You've made it to Hump Day, wahoo! I hope this morning finds you well, and ready for some motivation, as today I have a little selection of my goals for this season.

I don't need to tell you why I adore this time of year; browsings on Instagram and in the blogging community have confirmed that there are plenty of folk who appreciate a crisp morning, the warmth of a wintery brew and some stunning seasonal sunlight as much as I do.

It seems only fitting to welcome in the changing weather with a new mindset and some new tasks to tackle; I hope you enjoy!

Before deciding on my goals, I did the initial stage of this exercise that Leney explained, to give me an idea of what areas in my life needed the some attention. It was actually very eye-opening, so I recommend checking it out!!


ONE | GET KNITTING


I've just started attempt two of Siobhan's beautiful Bramble Stitch Snood and I think it's bloody gorgeous. I'm not a hugely experienced knitter, so my first version was distinctly wobbly along its edges; so far, its younger sibling its showing some promise. After that I'll be knitting a drop stitch scarf for my dad, a hat for my lovely friend Corinne and then looking up some mitten patterns, no doubt hugely influenced by these. If there are any patterns that you are working on at the moment, please feel free to let me know what you're up to in the comments!



 

TWO | FINISH MY PROJECT365


This November will see the last day of my Project 365, which was a mission I never thought I would complete!! If you do want to take a peek, its official Flick album is here... but do be warned that I've been on a very steep learning curve since its conception. It is amazing to think that in years to come, I will have a record of one year of my life... If you're considering giving it a go, do it, you will be amazed by how quickly it becomes a habit!


THREE | GO OUTSIDE


Most people I am sure feel pulled to get outside in the summer; I am very much the opposite and love nothing more than frosty walks in the autumn chill. Conker collecting, rambles in the brambles and games of pooh sticks are all on this season's agenda. I realised after writing this post simply switching off my phone and blocking out technology isn't enough; unless I fill that free time with something fulfilling, I will always feel that I am missing out on something online. This morning I went for a walk with my bestie and her pooch and it was the nicest start to our day.



  

FOUR | START SAVING


My travel plans for next year are as ambitious as they are thrilling... I don't want to jinx things by telling you about them too soon, but I will be spending some time in two countries that I have been desperate to visit for the longest time. Both adventures will doubtless be documented in detail so do not worry, you will hear all about them on this space. I was also surprised by how nice it feels to be saving my pennies in the knowledge that they are going to a great experience... it makes saying no to impulse purchases infinitely easier!


FIVE | EXPERIMENT WITH A ZERO WASTE LIFESTYLE


This last one is proving to be my biggest challenge of late but one that I am relishing. If you are unfamiliar with the concept of zero waste living, this podcast is an excellent starting point; I've also included a video on the subject below. (Found yourself drawn to ideas like slow living or minimalism? Then this is a lifestyle that will really speak to you.) So far my experiments have been limited to the essentials that I buy myself; I have a solid deodorant, shampoo and conditioner ready for when each of my existing toiletries run out, and have been using a gorgeous slab of Lush soap in place of shower gel and shaving cream for some time. Progress on zero waste food has been far slower; living with my parents means there are limits, but I think I am slowly getting somewhere! Every little counts as they say. If you have heard of this lifestyle and are interested in chatting, I would love to hear from you! I am in dire need of someone to bounce ideas off.




And there we go... Those are the goals I will be working towards this season and I would love to hear about what you are working on too. In the meantime, have a lovely week and I will see you on Friday morning with Part Three of The October Project!


 SHARE








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...