Friday 23 May 2014

Barely There Makeup


Ever since I picked up Origins VitaZing a couple of weeks ago, I have been loving the idea of a less-is-more makeup. No flawless base and painstaking liner attempts here - just a quick way to perk up my face on the days when a full face just feels like far too much. This also has the added bonus of a guaranteed break-out free look - not usually the case I am afraid!




So to talk you through how this went down:
I started with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, plopped mainly on my cheeks, and buffed my Origins VitaZing over the top of that. I felt my undereye circles needed some perking up with my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Extra Light Bisque, but I didn't want to conceal anything else. Through my brows I ran some of my newest love, Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown, and gave my lashes a good ole fashioned curl. I did pop a little Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Taupe along my upper lashline and smudged it for a soft touch of definition. On my cheeks I am wearing Stila's Convertible Colour in Lillium, and I went in with Topshop's Glow cream highlighter in the shade Gleam, applying that to my brow- and cheekbones. Last of all I slicked on some of Tanya Burr's lip gloss in Chic.

PS - Does anyone remember the scene from Bridesmaids when Kristen Wiig runs into the loo to slap on makeup before creeping into bed to pretend she woke up looking that perfect? This is SO the kind of makeup that I would have done in her stead (if I could be bothered that is - no man is worth that kind of sneaky action!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...