Wednesday 26 August 2015

SPACES: Forge 2 Art Gallery In Oxfordshire





It's so easy to romanticise distant places and forget that your own area is very much worth exploring too... And with that in mind I present the first of a series showing you guys the sights that are very much worth seeing in my area. For reference, I live in the mighty midlands :)

The Forge 2 gallery in Oxfordshire can be found in beautiful Culworth village, a setting that looks about as English as any place could possibly be. Comprising of a larger gallery room and gift shop, it is a stunning space dedicated solely to celebrating the best of UK art. Each exhibition runs for a 12 week period, so each season will see a total transformation take place within its beautiful four walls.



I like to think it offers a little something for everyone; its current exhibition is home to beautiful woodwork, ceramics, paintings and a great deal more.



To me it is an idyllic little island, filled with carefully curated treasures waiting to be discovered...

Everything Emma Westmacott made was sheer perfection... The sea-inspired pieces were so special!


It's of course nigh on impossible to pick favourites from such a lovely selection, but the Emma Westmacott collection was stunning and I hankered after an Adam Ross tea set. I was alas limited by the contents of my bank account (or lack thereof) and went home with a delightful compromise: one of Clare Dawdry's dreamy turquoise mugs... mint tea has never been so delicious!

Adam Ross ceramics - such clean and tactile shapes!



The loveliest gift shop in the western hemisphere, probably





If you find yourself in the area I know you will be just as charmed by this space as I am... Sadly they do not have an online shop but you can follow along on TwitterInstagram and Facebook or read up on their lovely website!



And there we have it - this was officially the most fun post I've ever had to research! Have you guys been doing your own exploring recently? I would love to hear about any lovely spaces near you in the comments below :)


 SHARE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...