Friday 20 June 2014

Raiding Momma B's Beauty Cupboards

I reckon if you guys saw the size of my momma's beauty stash, I am pretty sure you'd agree that my love for all things beauty-related is most definitely hereditary. Mum has been a very generous donor of products to review since I moved home from France, so here's a post of the bits I've been liking and loathing...


THE RATED

I was so impressed by the Clarins Hydra Drench Mask. It's perfect for the dehydrated skin on my cheeks as an overnight treatment and has only been beaten for this role by my lovely bottle of Origins Drink Up Intensive (which smells of apricots, so was only ever going to come out top...)
I also really got on with the Sanctuary Body Wash - to the point where I'm surprised it was less than £6 - as it's a really nice, somewhat hydrating little gel. I even got on with the smell of it too; I may pick this up for myself sometime...


THE HATED

A big name here - and not one I thought I'd be slamming given its price and reputation - is Glam Glow. Cashing in at around £40, I had hight hopes and I have to say, I didn't think it was all that... I'll save my thoughts for my more in-depth face masks comparison coming soon!
Also a serious no go for me was the Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile. This really doesn't stand up against my beloved Guerlain Super Aqua Lotion in terms of hydration and the smell... to me it whiffs of baby shampoo, not the most pleasant or luxurious of pongs I must say!


THE TOLERATED

They do the most beautiful, on point colours around (besides Essie - I love you Essie) but the formulas of Chanel's nail varnishes are just so awful. They sometimes really do chip within hours of application... it's just a hard pass for me. Mum has since said that some of the newer colours have better formulas - stay tuned for a Nailed It post when I let you know my thoughts! (They're saved from being in The Hated section as those colours... they're so good...)
A product I've read lots about is the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - and I think on this occasion, I just don't get it. It is another Clarins product whose sent reminds me of baby shampoo (curse you, Clarins!) but aside from that, I just think the claims it makes are a bit ridiculous... Brightening and tightening? Really?! Perhaps if you do have dry skin and you want a boost of hydration, you'll like it more than I do... as long as you can figure out how to make it work, that is...

I hope you liked this post - I am positive I'll be helping myself to more from Momma Bananas' collection in the future (sorry Mum!) but in the meantime, what products are you lovin'? I'm always down to know (and Mum is too!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...